Bachelor of Science in Management
- Curriculum Summary
- Course Descriptions
- Course Schedule
- Admission Information
- Application Process
The Bachelor of Science in Management, business degree program at Belhaven University (formerly Belhaven College), is ideal for adults wanting to focus on management and leadership in business. The curriculum emphasizes the roles of leaders in organizations and includes courses in communications, decision-making, business law, human resources, marketing, entrepreneurship, and international management. Students in pursuit of this business degree are required to meet for class once a week and participate in Project Team activities, which enhance the learning process and development of problem-solving skills. Project team activities are monitored by professors.
|Bachelor of Science in Management Curriculum Summary|
|BUS 301||Advance Learning Applications||3||5|
|BUS 326||Principles of Management||3||5|
|BUS 304||Business Communication||3||5|
|BBA 310||Management Info Systems||3||5|
|BBA 412||Organizational Behavior||3||5|
|BUS 414||Business Law||3||6|
|BUS 420||International Business||3||5|
|BSM325||Intro to Management Decision-Making||3||5|
|BSM392||Business Research Methods||3||6|
|BUS 341||Quantitative Business Principles||2||5|
|BSM370||Accounting for Managers||3||5|
|BSM 425||Marketplace Economics||3||6|
|BBA 340||Marketing Strategies||3||5|
|BUS 419||Business Policy||3||6|
|WVC 401||Kingdom Life: Family and Workplace||3||5|
As you apply for admission to Belhaven University, you can use this checklist to assist you in the process. Each item required is necessary to apply, be accepted and register at the college. If you have any questions about admission, contact 281-579-9977 or email@example.com.
1. COMPLETE the APPLICATION for Admission
- Minimum age of 21 (If you are unable to meet the admission requirements, please contact the Office of Admission.)
- One year of relevant work experience required
2. REQUEST TRANSCRIPTS
- Download and complete the Transcript Request form from each college previously attended. We will submit that to all colleges/universities you have attended and pay for the transcript request fee for you.
- Students applying with fewer than 12 semester hours of college credit acceptable by Belhaven must also submit an official high school transcript showing the date of graduation. A 2.0 grade point average is required.
- A student who has earned the General Education Development (GED) certificate may be admitted. An official GED transcript must be provided from the State Department of Education of the state that issued the certificate; subscores must be 45 or higher or an average standard score of 50 or higher.
3. TRANSFERRING CREDITS - Transferability of Credit Notice.
- Full credit is usually allowed for students transferring work from
another regionally accredited institution. The registrar will determine if the work is consistent with a liberal arts curriculum. The final decision is made on the basis that work must:
- be from an accredited institution,
- be college level, and
- equal a 2.0 average.
- A veteran who wishes to be assessed for military credit or who will use veteran benefits must submit a copy of Form DD214 and/or DD295 to Belhaven University.
4. SUBMIT TEST SCORES
- Diagnostic Testing will also be available in order to determine the students level of Math and English skills.
- All international students whose native language is not English must present an acceptable score of at least 450 paper-based, or 45 internet-based on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL). A student with a TOEFL score of 450-524 or iBT score of 45-70 will be required to take English as a Second Language courses before beginning their program of study. If a student scores 525 or higher or a 71 or higher they will not be required to take English as a Second Language courses. Exceptions to this requirement will be considered for students presenting strong verbal scores on the SAT or ACT, or if students provide other evidence of English proficiency acceptable to the University. In registering for the TOEFL, note the Belhaven TOEFL code number is 1055.
Belhaven University does not discriminate in the administration of its education policies, applications for admission, scholarship and loan programs, or athletic and extracurricular programs. The rights, privileges, programs and activities at Belhaven University are made available to all students who are enrolled regardless of sex, religion, color, national origin, handicap or age.