Associate of Arts
- Curriculum Summary
- Course Descriptions
- Course Schedule
- Admission Information
- Application Process
The Belhaven University, now Belhaven College, Associate of Arts degree is a Christian liberal arts program, serving as a stepping stone into our Bachelor of Business Administration program. This degree, taught from a Christian perspective, emphasizes the importance of ideas through history, and those personal values that lead to personal, spiritual and professional success. Courses in literature history, financial planning, biblical studies and personal life management skills are examples of courses offered.
The AA is a 62 credit program, spanning 18-25 months. This program may be started with no prior college experience.
|Associate of Arts Courses|
|BIB220||Old Testament Principles||3|
|BIB221||New Testament Principles||3|
|ENG 100A||Foundations of Composition
*Test out option available
|ENG 104||Introduction to Writing||3|
|ENG 105||Research Writing for Adults||3|
|MAT 140||Math Concepts for Business I||2|
|MAT141||Math Concepts for Business II||2|
|ENG 235||Survey of Lit I||3|
|ENG 240||Survey of Lit II||3|
|BIO 255||Biology I w/virtual lab||3|
|BIO 260||Biology II||3|
|HIS 125||World Civilizations||3|
|HIS 130||Twentieth Century Europe||3|
|ART 245||Messages of Art||3|
|WVC 301||Christian Interpretation of Life||3|
As you apply for admission to Belhaven University, you can use this checklist to assist you in the process. Each item required is necessary to apply, be accepted and register at the college. If you have any questions about admission, contact 281-579-9977 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. COMPLETE the APPLICATION for Admission
- Minimum age of 21 (If you are unable to meet the admission requirements, please contact the Office of Admission).
- One year of relevant work experience required.
2. REQUEST TRANSCRIPTS
- Download and complete the Transcript Request form from each college previously attended. We will submit that to all colleges/universities you have attended and pay for the transcript request fee for you.
- The last 17 semester hours of degree work must be completed at Belhaven University.
- Students applying with fewer than 12 semester hours of college credit acceptable by Belhaven must also submit an official high school transcript showing the date of graduation. A 2.0 grade point on a 4.0 scale average is required.
- A student who has earned the General Education Development (GED) certificate may be admitted. An official GED transcript must be provided from the State Departments of Education of the state that issued the certificate; average standard score of 50; subscores must be 45 or higher; considered for conditional admission.
3. TRANSFERRING CREDITS - See Transferability of Credit Notice
- Full credit is usually allowed for students transferring work from another regionally accredited institution. The registrar will determine if the work is consistent with a liberal arts curriculum. The final decision is made on the basis that work must:
- Be from a regionally accredited institution
- Be college academic level, and
- A minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0 on a 4.0 scale
- A veteran who wishes to be assessed for military credit or who will use veteran benefits must submit a copy of Form DD214 and/or DD295 to Belhaven University.
4. SUBMIT TEST SCORES
- All international students whose native language is not English must present an acceptable score of at least 450 paper-based, or 45 internet-based on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL). A student with a TOEFL score of 450-524 or iBT score of 45-70 will be required to take English as a Second Language courses before beginning their program of study. If a student scores 525 or higher or a 71 or higher they will not be required to take English as a Second Language courses. Exceptions to this requirement will be considered for students presenting strong verbal scores on the SAT or ACT, or if students provide other evidence of English proficiency acceptable to the University. In registering for the TOEFL, note the Belhaven TOEFL code number is 1055.
Belhaven University does not discriminate in the administration of its education policies, applications for admission, scholarship and loan programs, or athletic and extracurricular programs. The rights, privileges, programs and activities at Belhaven University are made available to all students who are enrolled regardless of sex, religion, color, national origin, handicap or age.